Friday, May 8, 2009

Panzanella

My sister in law Erika gave me this recipe. It is a great summer meal. Lexi loves the make this and all the kids love to eat it!
French baguette ( You can get them in a 2 pack at Costco)
English cucumber thinly sliced
tomatoes
fresh mozerrella ( Not the shredded kind, but the kind that comes in balls @ Costco and you can cut it into pieces)
Cut the bread into 1" squares and put in a pan and drizzle with olive oil and broil in the oven until toasted
Put the toasted bread, cucumbers, tomatoes & cheese in a big bowl and drizzle dressing on top ( 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup red wine vinegar)

1 comment:

Erika said...

MMMM Panzanella! I knew you would love it, it's total CHICK FOOD, but guys like it too! Your girls are sooooo cute, but they look so different to me in this pic, it's so funny, I guess I think sisters should look REALLY similar...don't know what would get me thinking that!